Booking Conditions and Hire Agreement prepared in consultation with the Management Board of Ray’s Playhouse Ltd.
Bookings are to be made online here. Please note that if you wish to check availability and book this can be done online via our interactive calendar. If you are unable to book online then please call or visit us and we will assist.
It is strongly recommended that the Hirer should read the Conditions of Hire in full.
- In order to hire Ray’s Playhouse the Hirer will be required to complete a booking form together with full hire payment and deposit.
- Ray’s Playhouse will only be hired to persons over 18 years, proof of age may be required and proof of address will be required.
Charges for hire
- Regular hire for community targeted sessions will require a deposit of £50 and/or will require at least one written reference which would be appropriately verified. Such returnable booking fee would be paid via Paypal or BACS payment, renewable as agreed by both parties and returnable when regular sessions cease.
- Regular hire for private sessions will require a deposit of £50 and will require at least one written reference which would be appropriately verified. Such returnable deposit would be paid via Paypal or BACS payment, renewable as agreed by both parties and returnable when regular sessions cease.
- Agreed charges for hire are £55 per hour for events/activities.
- The period of regular hire will be agreed by both parties and may be terminated with 4 weeks notice by either party.
- Failure by the Hirer to keep to the Conditions of Hire may mean immediate termination of hire and forfeit of deposit.
- Children’s Parties agreed charges are as per the booking form here for 3.5 hours to include cleaning charge for addition floor mopping and sanitising of areas. Covid-19 compliant cleaning will be provided by Ray’s Playhouse.
- The hire fee is payable in full when making the booking.
- Hire for single events/parties will require a retaining fee of £50 payable when you make your booking. Such returnable fee would be paid via Paypal or BACS payment, returnable after inspection of premises and only when premises deemed to have been left in the condition in which they were at commencement of hiring.
- Provisional bookings over the phone/e-mail without payment will only be held for 48 hrs.
- In all cases of cancellation by the Hirer the following applies:
Should you wish to cancel your party for any reason THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS UNLESS WE ARE ABLE TO RE-BOOK YOUR CANCELLED PARTY TO ANOTHER BOOKER. In this case you will receive a refund of 50% of the rental cost plus your deposit.
- Ray’s Playhouse Ltd has the right to cancel should it be consider that:
- the venue is required to close due to government laws or safety guidelines regarding COVID-19
- such hiring will lead to a breach of licensing conditions, if applicable, or other legal or statutory requirements, or unlawful or unsuitable activities will take place at the premises as a result of this hiring
- the premises becoming unfit for the use intended by the Hirer
- an emergency requiring use of the premises as a shelter for the victims of flooding, snowstorm, fire, explosion or those at risk of these or similar disasters.
In any such case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any monies already paid, but Ray’s Playhouse Ltd shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting direct or indirect loss or damages whatsoever.
Conditions of Hire
- Hours of opening shall be between 8.30 am and 10.30pm (parties must finish by 6.30pm)
- The premises shall not be used for licensable activities unless special permission has been issued by Hammersmith and Fulham Council and by Ray’s Playhouse Ltd’s Management Board
Capacity and Supervision
- The number of people on the premises shall not exceed 60 or 100 when outside space is in use.
- Appropriate ratios of adults to children should be in place for children’s activities/parties and those adults should be deemed responsible.
- The Hirer, not being a person under 18 years of age, hereby accepts responsibility for being in charge of and on the premises at all times when the public are present and for ensuring that all conditions of this Hire Agreement relating to management and supervision of premises are met.
Dangerous and unsuitable Performances
Performances involving danger to the public, or of a sexually explicit nature, shall not be permitted.
No animals, domestic pets or for use in a party, are permitted on the premises.
These standard conditions apply to all hiring of Ray’s Playhouse. If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following, Ray’s Playhouse Ltd’s Manager should immediately be consulted.
The Hirer shall, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for:
- The supervision of the premises, all fixtures, fittings and contents; their care, safety from damage however slight.
- Ensuring specifically agreed areas are not accessed by any persons.
- The behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity.
- The behaviour of all persons when entering or leaving the premises respecting local residents needs
- The proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway & emergency exits.
- As directed by the Management Board the Hirer shall make good or pay for all damage (including accidental damage) to the premises or to the fixtures, fittings or contents and for loss of contents.
Use of Premises
- The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the Hire Agreement
- The Hirer shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof.
- Television and the viewing of films are prohibited.
- Alcohol consumption should be kept to a minimum when children are on the premises
Gaming, Betting and Lotteries
The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
If licences are required in respect of any activity or event in Ray’s Playhouse the Hirer should ensure that they hold the relevant licence and such license must be seen, details logged and/or a copy of same given over when booking.
Public Safety Compliance
The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Licensing Authority or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which constitutes regulated entertainment, at which alcohol is provided or which is attended by children.
The Hirer acknowledges that they have received instruction in the following matters:
- The action to be taken in event of fire. This includes calling the Fire Brigade and evacuating the hall to the stated Assembly Point
- The location and use of fire equipment.
- Escape routes and the need to keep them clear.
- Method of operation of the escape door
- The importance of any fire doors and of keeping said fire doors shut
As part of the Hirer’s Risk Assessment the Hirer shall in advance check the following items:
- That all fire exits are unlocked and in good working order.
- That all escape routes are free of obstruction and can be safely used.
- That any fire doors are not wedged open.
- That there are not any obvious fire hazards on the premises.
Outbreaks of Fire
- The Fire Brigade shall be called to any outbreak of fire, however slight, and details thereof shall be given to Ray’s Playhouse Manager
Health and Hygiene
The Hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
Electrical Appliance Safety
- The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by them to the premises and used there shall be safe, in good working order, and used in a safe manner in accordance with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences
- The Hirer must report all accidents involving injury to the public to Ray’s Playhouse Manager as soon as possible and complete the relevant documentation supplied by Ray’s Playhouse
- Any failure of equipment belonging to the Ray’s Playhouse or brought in by the Hirer must also be reported as soon as possible.
- Certain types of accident or injury must be reported on a special form to the local
authority. Ray’s Playhouse Manager will give assistance in completing this form. This is in accordance with the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 (RIDDOR).
- The Hirer shall indemnify and keep indemnified each member of Ray’s Playhouse Ltd Management Board, employees, volunteers, agents and invitees against (a) the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the premises or the contents of the premises (b) all claims, losses, damages and costs in respect of damage or loss of property or injury to persons arising as a result of the use of the premises (including the storage of equipment) by the Hirer, and (c) all claims, losses, damages and costs suffered or incurred as a result of any nuisance caused to a third party as a result of the use of the premises by the Hirer.
- The Hirer shall take out adequate insurance to insure the Hirer and members of the Hirer’s organisation and invitees against the Hirer’s liability under paragraph 12(a) and all claims arising as a result of the hire and on demand shall produce the policy and current receipt or other evidence of cover to Ray’s Playhouse Ltd. Failure to produce such policy and evidence of cover may render the hiring void and enable rehire of the premises to another hirer. Ray’s Playhouse Ltd is insured against any claims arising out of its ownnegligence.
Explosives and Flammable Substances
The hirer shall ensure that highly flammable substances are not brought into, or used in any part of the premises and that no internal decorations of a combustible nature (e.g. polystyrene, cotton wool) shall be erected without the consent of the manager of Ray’s Playhouse Ltd. No decorations are to be put up near light fittings or heaters.
The Hirer shall ensure that no unauthorised heating appliances shall be used on the premises when open to the public without the consent of the Manager of Ray’s Playhouse Ltd. Portable Liquefied Propane Gas (LPG) heating appliances shall not be used.
Drunk and Disorderly Behaviour and Supply of Illegal Drugs
- The Hirer shall ensure that in order to avoid disturbing neighbours to the hall and avoid violent or criminal behaviour; care shall be taken to avoid excessive consumption of alcohol.
- Drunk and disorderly behaviour shall not be permitted either on the premises or in its immediate vicinity.
- Alcohol shall not be served to any person suspected of being drunk or to any person suspected of being under the age of 18.
- Care should be taken to keep alcohol consumption to a minimum when hiring for children’s parties. At least one adult present should avoid consuming alcohol on these occasions.
- Any person suspected of being drunk, under the influence of drugs or who is behaving in a violent or disorderly way shall be asked to leave the premises.
- No illegal drugs may be brought onto the premises.
The Hirer shall ensure that no animals (including birds) except guide dogs are brought into the premises, other than for a special event agreed to by Ray’s Playhouse Ltd. No animals whatsoever are to enter the kitchen at any time.
Compliance with The Children Act 1989
- The Hirer shall ensure that any activities for children under eight years of age comply with the provisions of The Children Act of 1989 and that only fit and proper persons who have passed the appropriate Criminal Records Bureau checks have access to the children (checks may also apply where children over eight and vulnerable adults are taking part in activities).
- The Hirer shall provide the manager of Ray’s Playhouse Ltd with a copy of their Criminal Records Disclosure and Safeguarding Policy on request.
- The Hirer shall not carry out or permit fly posting or any other form of unauthorised advertisements for any event taking place at the premises, and shall indemnify and keep indemnified the Manager and Board of Trustees of Ray’s Playhouse Ltd accordingly against all actions, claims and proceedings arising from any breach of this condition. Failure to observe this condition may lead to prosecution by the local authority.
Sale of Goods
- The Hirer shall, if selling goods on the premises, comply with Fair Trading Laws and any code of practice used in connection with such sales. In particular, the Hirer shall ensure that the total prices of all goods and services are prominently displayed, as shall be the organiser’s name and address and that any discounts offered are based only on Manufacturers’ Recommended Retail Prices.
The Hirer shall ensure that the minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure, particularly late at night and early in the morning. The Hirer shall, if using sound amplification equipment, make use of any noise limitation device provided at the premises and comply with any other licensing condition for the premises.
Ray’s Playhouse Ltd accepts no responsibility for any stored equipment or other property brought on to or left at the premises, and all liability for loss or damage is hereby excluded.
- No alterations or additions may be made to the premises nor may any fixtures be installed or placards, decorations or other articles be attached in any way to any part of the premises without the prior approval of Ray’s Playhouse Manager and/or Management Board.
- Any alteration, fixture or fitting or attachment so approved shall at the discretion of Ray’s Playhouse Ltd remain in the premises at the end of the hiring. It will become the property of Ray’s Playhouse Ltd unless removed by the hirer who must make good to the satisfaction of the Playhouse or, if any damage caused to the premises by such removal.
The Hire Agreement constitutes permission only to use the premises and confers no tenancy or other right of occupation on the Hirer.
End of Hire
- The Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounding area in a clean and tidy condition, and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced, otherwise Ray’s Playhouse Ltd shall be at liberty to keep agreed deposit and in some circumstances make an additional charge.
- The Hirer shall ensure that appropriate arrangements have been made and/or information shared to access or supply items needed to clear and cleanse premises, leaving premises in a similar condition as at commencement of hire.
- All rubbish MUST be removed from the premises and either taken home or disposed over at a local recycling facility.